RBK Pediatrics Childhood Weight Management Program
Since 1980, the US has seen a dramatic increase in childhood obesity among 6 to 11-year-olds. RBK Pediatrics want to help change that.
RBK Pediatrics has partnered with Weigh Cool and created our RBK Childhood Weight Management Program.
What is the Childhood Weight Management Program?
A few gradual lifestyle changes can significantly affect a child’s weight and improve their ultimate health and longevity. With the medical supervision of our doctors, online physician-moderated group support, and educational training, RBK pediatrics works with your family to keep your child at a healthy weight.
If you feel that your child will benefit from our Pediatric Weight Management Program, speak with one of our physicians or staff members to set up an initial consultation appointment. You can also request a consultation appointment.
What Can I Do As a Parent?
- Create an active home environment.
- Limit TV time to 1 to 2 hours a day. Studies have shown a correlation between increased TV time and obesity.
- Engage the entire family in a regular physical activity.Try walking, bicycling, or running.
- Assign appropriate chores that require physical activity such as vacuuming, washing the car or mowing the lawn.
- Create a Healthy Eating Environment.
- Do not use food as a reward or deprive food as a punishment.
- Avoid high fat foods, supersized portions, and excessive snacking.
- Avoid rushed meals.
- Create healthy meals for the entire family, not just for select individuals